About the team
The selected candidate will join the Bioinformatics Analysis Unit led by Dr Sergi Beltran. The multi-disciplinary 20 member Unit is focused on NGS data analysis and tool development, mostly related to human health. The Unit develops the RD-Connect GPAP (https://platform.rd-connect.eu) and participates, among other, in Solve-RD (www.solve-rd.eu), EJP-RD (www.ejprarediseases.org), Genomed4All (https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/101017549), 3TR (https://3tr-imi.eu/), ELIXIR (www.elixir-europe.org), MatchMaker Exchange (www.matchmakerexchange.org), GA4GH (www.ga4gh.org) and Clúster de Valorització d’EGA per a la Indústria i la Societat (VEIS).
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have at least 3 years working experience as a Data engineer or similar role in Unix operating systems
- You have experience with at least two of these programming languages (python, scala, java, clojure, groovy)
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- You have experience with data version control
- You have experience with data governance
- You have knowledge of Bioinformatics / High Throughput Sequencing and/or human genetics
- You have interest in functional programming
Education and training
- You hold a MSc or higher in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar
- You are fluent in English
- You have experience with software control version
- You have experience with task automation
- You are a proactive person
- You are a team player
- You have highly developed organization skills
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Contract duration: Until December 2022 with possibility of extension.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: April 1st, 2021.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Sergi Beltrán.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Sergi Beltrán and be submitted online on the CRG Career site – http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 8th of March, 2021.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.