The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the ‘HR Excellence in Research‘ Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
At the cell compartmentation group, we are looking for a new team member who will employ CRISPR, ShRNA and siRNA primarily in mammalian cells, to address the mechanism of collagen secretion. The candidate should be interested in developing new molecular tools for studying protein secretion.
About the lab
The Intracellular compartmentation lab studies different aspects of protein secretion. Protein secretion is an old problem of fundamental interest in cell biology. While over the last decades a lot of progress has been made in understanding protein secretion, a number of questions remain unsolved. The lab aims to understand different aspects of this. On the one had they study the process whereby cytoplasmic, signal sequence lacking proteins are secreted from cells upon certain stimuli (known as unconventional protein secretion). On the other hand they focus on the transport and secretion of large, complex cargoes (like collagens and mucins) that do not fit the conventional secretory pathway.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have knowledge in molecular biology
- You have proven experience in tissue culture
- You have experience in handling of primary human cells
Education and training
- You hold a degree in Biology
- You are fluent in English
- You have knowledge in cloning and gene editing and depletion by CRISPR, SiRNA and ShRNA
- You have excellent organisational skills
- You have attention to detail
- You are excellence-driven
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Contract duration: 2 years.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: As soon as possible.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Vivek Malhotra.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Vivek Malhotra and be submitted online on the CRG Career site – http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 31st March, 2021.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.